Bus Industry Performance
Fully updated in August 2019, using data from 2017/18 accounts, the report features extensive analysis, looking at how industry profits are measured and what happens to the money earned. The analysis includes a wide range of benchmarking data using industry KPIs such as turnover growth, profit margins and profit per employee.
The report also contains the latest update on the PTIS methodology for suggesting what level of profits operators need to sustain themselves and meet their financial obligations.
The report also considers:
- Industry structure and market share statistics
- Trends in profits by region, area and ownership type
- Analysis of where the big groups make (and in some case lose) their money
- Industry cost analysis
- Labour and productivity
- Management and administrative staff
After some notes on the analysis and how we approach it, the chapter headings for the report are:
- Industry Structure
- Why Profits are Important
- Sustainable Profits
- GB Financial Performance
- National/Sector Performance
- Performance in the English Regions
- Costs in the Bus Industry
- Labour Costs and Productivity
- Management and Administrative Staff
The analysis contains 43 tables and 41 charts and graphs, plus six detailed appendices - including national and regional league tables by a range of KPIs.